March 28, 2013

Spring Flowers

There is something just so, so relaxing about time away from our jobs. I feel so lucky to have had a few days off. I haven't yet stitched, but perhaps today will be the day!

I should pick up my Summer Queen. All I have left is a bit of beading, but for me beading is a tad laborious. So I have put it off.

I have been working in the yard a very little bit, and I was so surprised and pleased to see that our fuschia survived the winter cold. This lovely blossom peered down at me as I walked onto the patio:
 
So many of my friends and family members are still battling piles and piles of snow. We don't have much seasonal change here, but I sure appreciate our mild climate.

Our front yard roses have begun to bloom, too. I so love seeing them when I arrive home from a long day's work.

Is it spring where  you live? What do you like about spring?

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Your garden is so beautiful, and I love that rose. Sadly my garden, including my rose garden, are still under a blanket of unseasonably late snow. I have snowdrops, crocuses and daffodils peeking out in some places though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting that the flowers are peeking up through the snow. I've never lived in a climate with snow---it sounds beautiful but I'm sure it gets old. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.