April 9, 2020

Finishes During this Time at Home

I have had some finishes lately, starting out with one of them today. 

It seems trite to speak of stitching at a trying, sad time like this across the country and globe, but nonetheless I will do so today. 

I started this tea towel in the end of February. I bought the kit at a store in Los Angeles called French General.  The pattern consists entirely of french knots and lazy daisy stitches. I was able to finish it in a month, although naturally I did not work on it daily. 

For the first time ever, I  used Cosmo thread. I loved how it glided so nicely.  I could see early on that I would run out of one of the pink colors.  At the time, I was researching where to buy more of the Cosmo thread. 

Down the line, our 'shelter at home' order was in place and having to have a matching color seemed less important and very trivial.  Thus I finished it off with some variegated pink that I already had at home.

I have had two other finishes in the past few weeks, but I will save those for a future post.

Thanks for stopping by today, and please take care of yourself and yours. 

~~ Sue



8 comments:

  1. There is nothing trivial about posting your stitching. Part of my 'keep me happy while in lockdown' routine is to look through blogs that have come up on my Bloglovin' feed each morning, it begins the day in a happy way and we all need as many happy moments as we can get. The tree look lovely. I haven't tried Cosmos threads as they are not available in England but have heard good things about them. Thank you for posting. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kay above. Looking at all the stitching takes my mind off of what's happening. The tree will look gorgeous and bravo to you for all the french knots and lazy daisies! It'll be worth it:) Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, us stitchers are lucky to have a distraction. Take care -

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you posted your latest WIP finish! It's lovely, & it allows me to escape momentarily from the stress & anxiety during this bizarre & frightening period in our nation's history. Please stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a strange time for sure. Stay safe, too.

      Delete
  4. Love your Finish...this is so pretty.

    I have been staying home except for when I have to go to the grocery store and to get fuel for my car which is only once a month. I have been Reading - Stitching - Playing with Buttercup my kitty.

    Please stay safe and take care of yourself.

    Happy Stitching

    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Take care... how fun to have a kitty. I am allergic to them and miss having cats greatly.

      Delete

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.