May 21, 2013

Working on an old WIP- Wedding Ring Bouquet--Paula Vaughan

I started this one on a whim about ten years ago. Wow, that's a long time ago! It doesn't seem so long, hardly any time at all.

It's Paula Vaughan's Wedding Ring Bouquet. I'm stitching it on 22 count hardanger fabric, and it's at the point where I have a lot of backstitching and white left to do.

Here it is:

Scissors are included to show the size of this one! 






Do you have any WIPs this old? I confess to you, it's not my oldest one. My afghan was started around 1989. Now that's getting downright pathetic!

Thanks for stopping by here today.



5 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful. The backstitching really brings it to life. My oldest WIP was started in 1980! The next oldest one is from 1998. You can see them on my WIP page on my blog. I will try to stitch on them this week, now that you brought it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I am not alone in having OLD WIPs. I will go take a look at yours now. Thanks for stopping by here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I found you from Debbie's blog, and am so glad I did :) I love Paula Vaughn's designs, and have always wanted to stitch one! I have a one of the early quilts in a magazine and was fortunate to find Sunlight & Silhouettes at a used-bookstore a few years ago. I think I'll have to look it out again as a possible new start ;) I'm looking forward to following your progress on your WRB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Aurelia. I am glad you too love Paula's designs. I stitched a few of them "way back when" and still have them hanging in our home. :) I remember Sunlight and Silhouettes...lovely one! Thanks for your encouragement and kind words.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.