May 26, 2013

Mom's Coleslaw

On the cooking front, I wanted to share my mom's delicious coleslaw recipe. We plan on preparing it soon as it's so perfect when enjoyed with summer barbecue fare.



Mom's Coleslaw

Chop up one head of cabbage. On top of this place a half of an onion, grated. Set aside. I put my cabbage pieces and onion in the refrigerator, in a plastic bag.

I was somewhat of a novice at this cabbage chopping thing, so I went onto Youtube and found various videos that explained how to chop it quite easily.

Mix up the dressing and allow it to chill well in the refrigerator-- for at least four hours, or overnight:
1 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup half and half
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. salt
A little bit less than 2/3 cup sugar

When you're ready to serve the coleslaw, combine the chopped up cabbage/grated onion fixture with the dressing. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.