January 27, 2013

Embroidered Bed Cover

I recently received a beautiful gift from a dear family member. It's a lovely embroidered vintage European bed cover. I layed it on the antique bed that's in our guest room, and I love the colors of the cover and how they cheer the room.




I love how the corners' colors are different from one another. It makes it so much more unique, and whimsical to me.

Also, it's fun to see areas where color creativity really took hold:








I wonder who embroidered this piece,  where they lived, and when it was done. All I know is that originally it was purchased somewhere in Europe and then brought to the U.S.A.  to be sold at a huge vintage market held each year back in the Cape Cod area. Wherever it's from, and whatever its story might be--it's fun enjoying and appreciating it today! 



Thanks for stopping by today! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful! So much time and thought in a project that size!

    Thank you for stopping by my cottage so I could be directed to your blog. I will be stopping in to see you often.

    Have a great week!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how lucky you are to have received that gift! I love embroideries like that. I'm glad that a needleworker will treasure it for the work that went into it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.