January 14, 2020

WIPs for the New Year!

I am a bit behind in wishing everyone a wonderful 2020. I hope your year is full of things that make you happy and fulfilled.

Another year has come and gone, and it is hard to imagine that we are already almost mid-January.  It is a cliche to say it, but time really does seem to fly.

I want to share my WIPs as we begin 2020.  I haven't had a finish in well over a year, but that is okay with me.  I stitch as I love it. When I am in the midst of working on one project I might be called to start something new.  That is just how it is.  I currently have ten WIPs, and for someone who has done counted work for 37 years that doesn't seem too bad, does it?   How many WIPs do you like to have going?

A few of my WIPs should be done this year.  Time will tell, and I just may complete some of my WIPs by doing a smaller version of the entire pattern.

Here are six of my WIPs:

From left to right, top to bottom with the year started: Sarah Braizear 1829 from HATS(2018), Variegated Sampler from a 1987 CSCC magazine (2018), Lizzie Kate's Spirit of Christmas Mystery 2 Sampler (2017), Teresa Wentzler's Fruit Bellpull (2002) , Prairie Schooler's Summer Breeze (2019), and Carriage House Samplings' Houses of Hawk Run Hollow (2016). 


Here are the last four WIPs:

Fractal Bookmark 705 by Cross Stitch Collectibles (2020), 2019 Temperature Quilt by Stitchin' Mommy Sarah Hughes (2019), Seedy Pumpkin Cottage by Praiseworthy Stitches (2019), and  2020 Weather Graph I adapted from Sarah's Temperature Quilt Temperature Charts (2020).





I started the Fractal Bookmark on New Year's Day.  Oh, how I love this one! The colors are mesmerizing to me. 

  I am stitching diagonally and parking as I go, row by row.  I thank various folks I have found on Flosstube for steering me in this direction. 

 Here is a photo of that piece as it looks today:



Thanks for stopping by today, and I look forward to hearing from you regarding how many WIPs you have. 

~~ Sue 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.