June 19, 2019

Welcome, Summer! A WIP and A New Season

I have been working on Sarah Braizear 1829 for a year now. I am so enjoying her!

Nonetheless, I decided to start two new pieces and I will share those here another day soon.

I have recently retired and am elated to have a new, more relaxed lifestyle.  I loved what I did, but I am now loving this new phase of life. The last month of work was very intense and busy, so it's been refreshing to unwind for the first few weeks of June.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Each end of May and early June we await the blooming of the jacaranda trees in our area.  I took this photo while on a morning walk last week.  They are so wonderful to behold!


Here is a group of photos taken of Sarah B.  This represents the last few months' work.  I have done some satin stitching in the last few months which has been a nice change from the usual stitches. 


Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Stitching,
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue. I love samplers and this one is lovely. Congratulations on your retirement, now you will have plenty time to stitch!! Hugs 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mayte! Yes, I am enjoying a lot of stitch time these days. :) So glad to see you are stitching again now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sue, I've never been here in your blog and your work is beautiful but the jacaranda trees are spectacular, maybe because purple and all its tones are my favorite color ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Veronica! I appreciate your kind words. Yes, those trees are amazing when they bloom. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.