May 7, 2015

Quaker Diamonds and Jacarandas

So I finally got to stitch just a tiny bit.  I was happy to sit and work on Quaker Diamonds, and  here it is:

Life has been exceedingly busy and full of challenges. I wish I had more time to relax and work on my beloved hobby, but that is how it goes.

A few weeks ago I took a slight detour on the way home from work so I could check the progress of the yearly splendor on the branches. Yes, it's time for the jacarandas to bloom again.  I love to see their purple bursts of color all around the area.  Here's a photo I took that one evening. (I wasn't driving!) This street isn't far from where I live, but it's one I travel down often just to enjoy the gorgeous trees.



Thanks for stopping by today!






2 comments:

  1. Summer Break! And we have something else in common - our love of jacarandas. I had cause to wander through my blog list this morning and am saddened by how many are no longer active. Very glad to see you here and still stitching. Am especially inspired by your completion of Summer Queen - gorgeous. I'm hoping that with my new magnifier I will be able to get back to Firefly Faeries. When I stashed it I had almost finished the floss. They need metallic and beads. I may have to wait until after lens replacement in my right eye, but am still determined to finish that piece. Thanks for still posting inspiration! Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Debbie. I appreciate your kind words. I do miss blogging, and stitching, too. I have had a bit of time lately, so I will post today. I hope you get some help with your vision. I love Firefly Faeries! I recall seeing it once in person and being just mesmerized.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.