July 9, 2017

Houses of Hawk Run Hollow Update

I finally finished the third block in Houses of Hawk Run Hollow.  I started this block back in January, if you can believe it.

Each block takes me about sixty hours of stitching. That seems very slow to me, but then again I know I am a slow stitcher.  I started the piece in April of 2016.  From then until now,  I have also stitched one small ornament and one tea towel.  You can see that I am slow, and that I don't stitch near as often as I would like to do.

I am excited to move on now to the next square.

Here it is at this point:


A close up of the third block:


In a previous post I showed a picture of the leaflet of a Plum Street design (Maxim & Zoya)  I wish to stitch. I bought the pattern at our lovely LNS We, of the Needle.  The other day I had to return to the shop to buy stronger glasses, and while there I took a photo of this lovely piece.  This was stitched by sweet Yvonne. Yvonne works at the shop, and is very helpful.  If you are ever in southern California and wish to go to a fine needlework store, do go visit We, of the Needle. It is the friendliest needlework store I have ever visited.  Kerry, the owner, is friendly and so personable.  She does fabulous framing as well as stitching.


Thanks for stopping by today.


4 comments:

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.