January 15, 2015

Who Me? A Stitching Goal?

I started Mirabilia's Summer Queen long ago. I think it was perhaps in 2002. I haven't worked on this piece in many years, and I think it's time to do so. Truly I don't have much left on this piece!  I do, however, have quite a bit of beading left to do.

I love the piece, and my goal is to finish her this year. There, I said it! I am not one to set a goal with stitching, but this one I have set. I have had to set goals in my professional life, so for me setting a goal sounds too much like work and not like a fun hobby. But truly, I must finish this piece at some point, right? It might as well be in 2015.

 I bought this pattern while on a trip with my mother and children back in the summer of 2001. We visited the quaint town of Solvang, California for a few days in August. If I look back now, I realize my kids were only 18 and 15 at the time.  This Danish-themed town features several fine needlework shops. It did at that time, anyway. I showed several patterns to my mom, who isn't a stitcher but loves pretty dresses, of course, and she selected Summer Queen.

Here she  was-- when I last tucked her into her needlework resting bag:
It's time to pull her out and get to work!


1 comment:

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.