July 30, 2013

Afghan Progress--Slow and Steady



A little more than a month ago I wrote about the afghan I started so very long ago. I've managed to complete two more squares since then, and am working on yet another square. After I finish the present square's work, I believe there are just three more left. (or is it two...who's counting?) There are twenty squares all together.

One of the squares I completed uses a design from a book I borrowed from a very dear friend, and it includes a monogram. I used my husband's and my initials on it.  The other square I came up with and charted myself. It's very simple, as you might guess. Right now I am working on a flower basket square from Sue Hillis' Granny's Attic book. I'm so loving that one!

Some progress photos are coming soon. Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. Some projects are just like that - slow and steady - but worth it! Glad you're making progress on your afghan, can't wait to see your finish :) The idea of using a monogram square is a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    just found your blog.
    Your afghan looks lovely!
    Happy weekend (:

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.